Author Topic: A song type rope pot  (Read 239 times)

peterp

• Adept
Re: A song type rope pot
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »
Hi, I was only yesterday able to meet the person who knows more about this type of items. He said that such items did exist, I think in or about the Tang dynasty. But he did come to the same conclusion regarding the bottom. It would not be right.

This glaze would not be from such a distant time, perhaps Ming or Qing dynasty at the most, but the problem with the bottom remains. It does not look right for a Chinese item.

Summarizing the whole, the enlarged glaze shows bubbles which undeniably mean the item is old, but a bottom type that basically did not exist in ancient China, a glaze that would be more likely Ming or later, and a rope decoration that would fit if the item was much older than Song, perhaps.

I do not know what this means...perhaps made elsewhere, but old.

peterp

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »
Compare prices first, before ordering. There is a big difference although these items probably are made at the same places.

Stan

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 02:07:27 PM »
Thank you Peter and Heavenguy, I think I will get one.

peterp

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »
Stan, it is a longish black tube with base and a USB cable. You just plug it into you computer as peripheral to use the screen as viewer. They seem to be making them now also for cell phones, and in China they apparently sell something that looks like a digital camera, with the microscope instead of the camera lens, at a higher price. You will find them offered on Ebay.

heavenguy

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 10:02:34 AM »
Hi Stan,

I'm going to put the name of the one i bought, but I'm not really sure if I can. delete the message the name if I violate any rule. It is very cheap only $23 bucks and i got it like in 5 days. I always wonder how the Chinese can make things for cheap, use a 3 day UPS shipping service and still make profit. When I tried to do that they charge me like $20 bucks for a 2 state shipping. Anyways, the name is:

"Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope"

Hope this help.

Stan

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 08:41:28 AM »
Hi Heavenguy, what dose it look like, I was at an antique show a while back and I saw someone using what looked like a microscope but I was not sure.

heavenguy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
Thank you Peterp. That will be wonderful. Also thank you for the recommendation of the microscope. It was very accessible and very easy to use. You can inspect the item in real time just just by passing the microscope over the piece. I started checking most of my collection right away and it seems that the bubbles start to get bigger the earlier the piece. This microscope is really a game changer.

peterp

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 11:47:19 AM »
Did you take the bubble pictures yourself? Good shots.  These dark bubbles are called "dead" bubbles by the Chinese. They claim that there should be an age of at least several hundred years if such dark bubbles are present. I will take the liberty to show these item pictures to someone knowing more about the more ancient items, next week. I have never seen such a rope decoration, but he might.

heavenguy

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:55:02 AM »
there is different types of bubbles. At first i thought the black dots were like iron that they like to add to fakes, but its actually bubbles. Anyways. any ideas?

heavenguy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
the foot rim

heavenguy

A song type rope pot
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
Hello,

I have this bowl and i know for sure is not made after the 70s. but still i have my doubts on the age. I know its some type of song glaze but i really doubt is that old. Anyways, I'm learning to use the microscope I bought online. It really changes your game completely. Here is a few shots of the pot and the last pic is a collection using the microscope.