Mark on Chinese vase

Started by Stobaksov, Jul 31, 2022, 23:27:25

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Hello colleagues. Tell me, please, what is written on the bottom of this vase and what is the name of this shape. Thank you.


That is a Qianlong four character mark of the type that was used in the 20th century.
I can't tell you the name of this shape, but it looks as if the vase has "ears" of two lions on each side of the neck, that and the shape would make it 19th century.  Better upload item pictures for scrutiny, this is suspect. Such 19th century vases never have marks, so there is the possibility that either this is not that old, or an old vase body was repainted.