Please Register or Log In to see more forum boards.

Author Topic: Blue and White 8" Jar with Lid and Small Rouleau Vase  (Read 3381 times)

mikelv85

Re: Blue and White 8" Jar with Lid and Small Rouleau Vase
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2014, 17:15:17 »
Hi Peter,
        Thanks for looking at the blue and white pieces for me. I know the pictures are low res but I just can't get better ones even with using the photo editor to clean them up. Neither piece shows any crazing. The porcelain is bright white on both. The foot and rim of the jar are tan and yellowed but not extremely dirty. The inside of the lid is not glazed. Same with the vase. I realize "hands on" is the only way to be really sure though. 20th Century is what I figured too. I think they are probably fairly new from the 60's -70's time frame. Thanks again, -Mike-

peterp

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2014, 11:12:13 »
Hi Mike,
Due to insufficient resolution I'm not sure, but are those crackles on the bottom and inside the lid of the jar? If yes, 20th century, probably later part. The Jiaqing mark is also indicative of a later product. This mark does not seem to exist on period items. Jiaqing marks are usually in Zhuanti characters. The lid decoration looks also relatively new.

Due to insufficient resolution I cannot see minute details of rouleau vase bottom. The decoration style might point to late Qing/early republic, but that is subject to reviewing glaze and paste close up.

mikelv85

« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2014, 17:31:44 »
Thanks Stan, but my camera on my little LG phone is like 2 megapixels.I know good smart phones are 4 to 8. It isn't capable of the closeup detail you got in your pictures. It blurs if you get too close, but it's all I have. Nice piece by the way! -Mike-

Stan

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2014, 10:13:02 »
Hi Mikelv85, you can upload high resolution picture at photobucket.com it is free and  then post the web page here, I did one last night, under Chinese blue and white ginger jar, by Stan, go to that sight by dragging the email to the web bar and you can see my vase and see how detailed my pictures are.

mikelv85

« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:55:07 »
Rouleau vase back design

mikelv85

« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:53:53 »
Rouleau vase closeup of front design

mikelv85

« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:52:21 »
Rouleau vase closeup of top.

mikelv85

« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:51:13 »
Rouleau vase bottom and mark.

mikelv85

« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:49:32 »
Blue and white jar top view with lid removed

mikelv85

« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:47:38 »
Ok Peter I think these are better pictures. The jar has some red staining inside that can be seen now. The rouleau vase has a hairline crack in it ,so if it's new that's fine. I'd feel worse if it had some value. The jar with the lid however is perfect. -Mike-

peterp

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:06:18 »
Mike, the pictures for the jar are still insufficient. Always upload a good picture of the bottom, showing any blemishes, production faults, or other minute age signs. The foot rim is also extremely important.
In this case I would also suggest another picture of the top rim. It looks too white, but this may be because of the lighting.
Pictures are best taken in daylight near a window, to allow for natural colors.

More pictures for the rouleau vase, please. The decoration looks as if it could be from the late Qing dynasty, but the whiteness of the glaze, and the hue of the blue are very important to judge this. Again, a 'good; picture of the bottom.

The close up pictures can be partial, the point being to see any age signs or production faults in the glaze, and the actual color of white and blue. They are era related...

mikelv85

« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2014, 17:38:00 »
Rouleau vase butterflies

mikelv85

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2014, 17:36:50 »
Rouleau vase with artemisia leaf mark

mikelv85

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2014, 17:25:42 »
Thanks for checking these out for me Peter, Here's a lager picture of the two pieces . -Mike-

peterp

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2014, 08:59:58 »
The picture size should be about 600 to 800 pixel, or more than 100 kBytes, to allow viewing any details. Overall, without going into details, it could be mid to late Qing dynasty. The shape is right for that period too.